Saturday, November 7, 2009

Earbud and lapel mic for Motorola radio

I hate to do it this way but, this seems to be a house brand from this dealer...

I needed a personal mic/earpiece for my work radio, after a short search on Google, I found this little puppy:


"3' Coil Earbud Audio Mic for Motorola HT1000 XTS5000 HD Switch" from Valley Enterprises. It was priced reasonably at $29.95 plus S&H. This retailer was prompt and the product arrived within 3 days of my order.

The audio quality is excellent, if you have never used an air-tube earpiece, you don't know what you are missing! They are lightweight, stay in place, comfortable and help cut out extra sound from your surroundings. I have used another air-tube earpiece before for other radio work and love them. In my initial tests with this earpiece I only had to have the radio at 1/3 of the volume level I normally do with the added bonus that it sounded like the other person was talking right behind my ear. A second earpiece (mushroom) is included but not pictured, a different size and color.

The lapel mic is considerably smaller than the normal Motorola hand mic. With a 3 foot cord, there is plenty of options for where to place the mic and route the wires. In addition to the PTT on the mic there is one on the top of the radio connector, a little easier to press than the one on the side of the radio itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment