Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Fitness trackers

Well, as I said in my last post I started down another weight loss trail on the 12th on June of this year. I was finding that my shirts were not fitting well anymore and I was just getting tired of it all.
I was walking through Costco and saw a deal on the Fitbit Charge 2. I decided to grab it up and start taking charge of my life. (See what I did there?)

Now, I wear a watch and really don't want a "Connected" timepiece, so I have notifications turned off as well as having the auto display turned off via the app. I do wear both it and my regular watch.
The battery life seems to stay true to it's forecast 5 days, I will see it at a medium level two days after charging it. I bring the charger cable in my lunch bag so that I may charge it when I am sitting at my desk and not at risk of taking a walk.
I appreciate the hourly "Move it" reminder. I have my walks set out at my various work sites so that I can just go on a "round" when the alert goes off. Every little bit helps.
I am nowhere near the 10,000 steps per day, but the tracking helps me move toward that goal. My friends list also helps to motivate me so that at least I am not at the bottom of the list.
I have my connected scale linked to the app, so that is one less thing to enter in the morning.
The app also is good for tracking calorie intake, my favorite part of this is being able to scan the bar code of an item and easily enter the item in my meal counts.
I used to use a Fitbit One. A similar device, but without the pulse rate monitor. I like the pulse rate monitor on the Charge, as it does a better job of monitoring my sleep habits and calculating my exercise levels. However the One is better suited as a device you keep in your pocket, so it is more appropriate for some dress options.

I am going to add, If you do get the Charge 2, it is always nice to protect the display. I found these and found it very easy to install and you have plenty if you need to replace it later.


No comments:

Post a Comment