Monday, July 9, 2018

Strike Anywhere Matches

Apparently they are no longer considered "Safe".

We are taking the kids camping this week and I was in search of matches for camping. The ones we had in storage were beyond usefulness. Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Big 5 sports and the local drug store didn't have them. I ended up doing a search for them online and found them at Kroger (Fred Meyers). It was quite the hunt. I had looked at REI the day before, but they didn't have quite what I was looking for as I did not have a need for 3 inch long hurricane proof matches at $10 for 25, and they were still strike on box.

I found these at Fred Meyer, for a slightly lower price than through Amazon. But the value is still there. Good old Strike Anywhere Matches. I already had waterproof containers for storing them, much like the other link. The containers hold the contents of one little box of the pack, I cut off the striking surface from the empty boxes and stored one inside of each match bottle. It never hurts to be a little extra prepared.

I suppose that I may be a little choosy about the kind of matches I get, but for camping, I prefer the old standard. I guess I am a little old fashioned. I also am taking a lighter and 3 means of making a spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment