Thursday, July 5, 2018

What a difference a scale can make.

I know I mentioned this scale last week, but I kinda hit a plateau and the extra features of the scale are making a difference in attitude.

This is the scale I am referring to. Using the app, it can report many things. I believe they are based on body capacitance, and a number of them are inferred by other measurements. but here they are as reported by the app:

  • Weight
  • BMI
  • Body Fat %
  • Fat Free Body Weight 
  • Subcutaneous Fat %
  • Visceral Fat
  • Body Water %
  • Skeletal Muscle %
  • Muscle Mass
  • Bone Mass
  • Protein %
  • BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) Kcal
  • Metabolic Age
As I said, most are calculated by the BMI and Body Fat % numbers. I did have to enter my height, frame size, and gender.

Back to the difference it is making in monitoring my progress. While, I can see that the weight is wavering at this first plateau, I can see than the fat % is decreasing while the muscle mass is increasing. This is to be expected as I am exercising more, and it shows in my waist size and not my weight. I am two notches smaller on my belt than I was 3 weeks ago.
If you are at a plateau in your weight loss struggle, try using a scale that measures more than just weight, you may be turning fat into muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment