Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Minimalist Front Pocket Wallet

I would like to introduce to you my wallet for the last several years:
A photo taken early in my years of using it, and here it is now. Notice how little wear is noticeable after five and a half years.
This is a HuMn Mini minimalist wallet. Just larger than a credit card in size and as thin or thick as you need it to be. As you see it here, I have 7 cards and 10 bills in it and it is about 1/2 inch thick. The standard ones come with 2 plates, but I have added a third as in internal divider. I chose the aluminum plates for the outer shell for the RFID protection and durability, the internal plate is plastic and serves to divide my credit cards from my ID. The whole conglomeration is held together with a strong elastic strap. I originally purchased it in 2012 and my first strap lasted for about 4 years. They changed the design of the strap when I replaced it, so I now have the newer version that seems to work better than the original.

I front pocket carry my wallet so the size is important to me. It sits very flat and slides easily into my pocket. When I am travelling I remove a couple of the cards, but this is basically what I carry all of the time.

Accessing the cards is done by wedging the case open from the top and selecting the card you want. Since you can open it from either of the long edges there is no up or down. Nothing will slide out of it. Here is the manufacturer's video on it's use.

They can be purchased from Amazon and from the manufacturer.


The orange sticker in the older photo is a dosimeter tag that I decided to put on it, it has expired since then. I cannot seem to find the sticker versions now, but there is a card version available.

No comments:

Post a Comment