Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Yet another flashlight review

A nice little flashlight I discovered last year:

This is one of the handiest little lights I have had the pleasure of owning. It is about the size of a car's remote fob.
Points that I really appreciate about this light:

  • Micro USB rechargeable, use your phone charger.
  • Very bright, 350 lumens, and will run for 90 minutes at that setting.
  • Long battery life, up to 48 hours in low intensity mode.
  • UV emitter, check for refrigerant leaks, animal urine, check currency, or charge your glow in the dark stuff.
  • Small enough for every day carry. I wear it with my ID badge and office keys.
Cons:
  • Sometimes I find it has no charge on the battery. I think this is due to it being left on accidentally when I toss my badge in my bag. It may be due to a light green glow around the power button when it has been charged, this will shut off if you use the UV light.
  • The light is not focused, but a bare LED emitter, great for close up, not so good for distance.
  • It claims IP65 water resistance, in my opinion, with the USB port cover in place, it would be splash proof, but I wouldn't submerge it.
  • I had to replace 3 of the cover screws within a year of purchase, they had worked themselves loose and gone walkabout. The replacements were secured with LocTite purple, they won't be escaping anymore.
  • The single button control works fine for turning it on and off of the bright white setting, however, after having this light for more than a year, I still have trouble getting it to cycle through it's modes. I think the trick is a fast double click to get the UV mode.
If you have need for a small light with UV option, this may be the one for you.

(As of this writing it is not available, but it may be back.)

Link to Loctite Purple, mentioned above. It's the best one for small screws.

No comments:

Post a Comment