Monday, July 23, 2018

My Next Diet Stage

I think I am about ready to start the next phase of my diet plan, taking my caloric intake down near 1,000 calories a day. Still closely monitoring my glucose levels.

I am now able to deal with a 1,200 calorie diet and am not really that hungry. I was at 1,100 calories yesterday, and a projected 1,200 today. Last week averaged 1,700. I am getting used to carrying my test kit with me every day and having something available for raising my glucose levels if I find them too low.

Early in the diet I had some serious craving for carbs, particularly chocolate. That seems to have subsided and I only eat chocolate if I am below a glucose level of 50 mg/dl.

My current meal plan is still:
  • Breakfast: Oatmeal with honey.
  • Snack: Berries
  • Lunch: Garden salad with low cal dressing and some "Carl Budding" meats.
  • Dinner: Another salad or, today, and Avacado.
  • Evening snack: Low calorie fast food. (It hits the spot, don't judge.)
I plan on keeping the oatmeal. It is very satisfying and I need something through my colon. Likely I will keep the berries, they are like candy and very satisfying. But my other meals I plan on replacing with protein shakes. That should get my calories down to about 1,000 for a daily deficit of about 2,000, this should get me a loss rate of about 4 pounds a week if I keep up my exercise levels.

I am keeping in contact with my physician via e-mail, and expect him to be concerned about my blood glucose levels and happy about my dedication.


Follow up:
I did it for Tuesday. Less than 1,000 calories for the day. I can feel the hunger now, Wednesday afternoon, but I like the results I am getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment