Sunday, July 1, 2018

Where did this come from?

Ok, I know it has been a while, but here goes.

Today's posting:

Today is day one of a month long challenge to NOT use Facebook, therefore this post, as I want to document things anyway.
I woke up, picked up my phone, and instead of going to the Facebook feeding trough, I hit all three of my email inboxes and took care of the 200 or so unread e-mails. Mostly just select all, go through and look at the senders, deselect ones I want to check, and delete the remainder.
I did my morning weigh in. Great news, still loosing weight! On June 12th I decided that I needed to loose weight. So on that day I started. My initial weigh in was 351.8 lbs. I am 6'2" but that isn't tall enough for this weight, I cannot get any taller, so I must loose the weight instead. Since the 12th I have upgraded my scale to a connected one, it wasn't necessary, but I like the better information such as BMI and fat percentage that it provides. Since the start of this, I have lost 15.9 pounds. I am not kidding myself, I have more than 130 to go until I am no longer considered obese, but it's a great start for 3 weeks into it. I am doing this by watching calories more than anything else, I am increasing my steps per day, but I am still pretty sedentary on work days. One side benefit I am seeing already, besides less strain on my shirt buttons, is that my blood sugar is down from 130 in the morning to 90. It is amazing, when you are trying to count ALL calories, how some simple changes can make a huge difference. But that's enough of that.

Here is the scale I am using. I had my doubts, as I didn't want to have other people's measurements interfering with my logging, but the phone only logs the information when the app is open to a user profile, so any number of users can use it, each with their own profile. The scale reports back a number of items besides just weight. It will give you BMI, body fat percentage, water percentage, muscle mass, etc. For me the important ones are weight, BMI and body fat percentage. I am charting them on a spreadsheet and like seeing the trend on my graphs. From the information the scale provides, I have the spreadsheet determine my ideal goal weight, one with only 22% body fat, and projecting a completion date based on my past week's loss rate. I have an intermediate goal weight, which was just a number picked from the air of 100 lbs less than when I started, or 250 lbs.
Here is my goal date graph.
I didn't expect it to stay as good as earlier weeks, but it's really nice to see a future with healthier numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment